Sweet Treats

11 Dec

CARAMELISED PEACH PUDDING

BXP49631

It’s summer here in Australia and one of my favourite things about the season has to be stone fruit. Peaches in particular. Today I have decided to share my recipe for caramelised peach pudding. This recipe is easy to make and you can switch the peaches for your favourite stone fruit, mangoes and even cherries.

What you will need:
2 cups of self raising flour
1 cup caster (fine) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
250 grams butter, unsalted
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
3 peaches, cut into wedges (canned is fine also)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
BXP49631What to do:
Preheat your oven to moderate and grease your baking dish. In a small sauce pan on a low heat combine your brown sugar and water and whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add the peach slices and coat well. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl  cream together your butter, sugar and vanilla. Gradually sift in your flour and add in the eggs and milk. Continue to beat until smooth and pout into your baking dish. Top with your caramelised peaches. dust with some extra brown sugar and bake for about 45 minutes. After about 20 minutes of cooking cover your pudding with foil and continue to cook for the remaining 20 minutes. Allow your pudding to stand covered for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serves around 6.

About these ads

10 Responses to “Sweet Treats”

1. Snow December 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

Hey beautiful, found you through GIG facebook blog tag. I’m loving the peach pudding.

xoxo
    Lisa

2. Maria December 11, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

Hi Becky! I’m visiting from the GiG Facebook blog tag!
    This pudding looks delicious!! Lovely photographs! It is quite cold here in the Northern hemisphere at the moment but I am really interested in experiencing Xmas season in the summer! :)

• Becky K. December 11, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Hi Maria! Glad you made it to my blog and thank you for your lovely compliments :) I imagine a sweltering Christmas would be quiet the change for you! Most people here envy the Snowy Christmas our Northern friends get to experience, I guess it all about experiencing something new :)
      xox Becky

3. thejoyofcaking December 11, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

Oh, to have fresh peaches right now – that would make everything all better :) I love your recipe. It looks so delicious and sounds so easy to make (but looks like you spent hours on it!) I love your photos – thanks for reminding me it’s summer somewhere.

4. fifi leigh December 12, 2012 at 6:56 am #

these recipes sound good. but i would need substitute the eggs for something vegan, such as tofu or avocado, since i dont like eggs or meat. the raspberry float sounds good, as well, especially with some rum.

• Becky K. December 12, 2012 at 11:02 am #

Thanks Fifi, I’m vegetarian but eat vegan once a week and I have made something similar using banana as a substitute for the eggs. It changes the flavour a bit but in a good way. You could try that :)
      I also have a few vegan recipes posted too which may interest you;
      Vegan Lemon Curd,Vegan Blueberry Pancakes and Vegan Banana bread.

5. maria December 13, 2012 at 5:09 am #

Looks lovely, but how many eggs do I use? Would frozen peaches work. The photos are quite well done.
    maria

• Becky K. December 13, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Hi Maria, you use 2 eggs and I am unsure about frozen peaches I have never used them before. I would omit the water and just caramelised them in the melted brown sugar if I was to try it though.
      Thanks, Becky

6. PsyKdeliaSmith December 14, 2012 at 4:05 am #

Wow such a pretty dessert!

Your 2 cents!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,358 other followers